27 May 2016
Ara Institute of Canterbury Timaru-based hospitality students took home a swath of medals at the recent Southern Lights, Salon Culinaire competition in Cromwell. The annual 18th regional event, run by NZChefs and hosted by Otago Polytechnic, is becoming a major drawcard on the South Island calendar for students and professional chefs.
The medal winners were:
- Hope Linton: Trainee Soup – Silver medal
- Michelle Scott: Trainee Pasta – Silver Medal
- Lyza Makayab: Trainee Pasta – Silver Medal
- Edsant Obillo: Open Chicken – Bronze Medal
- Phoebe Roberts: Plated desserts (training) - Silver medal
- Mikie James: Gateau (open) - Gold medal - class winner
- Cushla Hodge: Gateau (open) - Silver medal
- Baljeet Singh: Bread selection (open) - Silver medal - class winner
- Wiki Woolridge: Bread selection (open) - Silver medal
from left to right: Hope Linton, Michelle Scott, Lyza Makayab, Edsant Obillo.
left to right: Baljeet Singh, Mikie James, Cushia Hodge, Phoebe Roberts