Who is eligible?
You are entitled to use our off-campus request service if :
- the item you want is on a different campus e.g. you study at Timaru Campus and want an item from the library at City Campus, Christchurch.
- you live more than a certain distance from one of our campus libraries (contact the library to confirm eligibility).
- you are enrolled in any of the following courses, or are required to be away from campus for a period of time as part of your study (e.g. clinical placement):
- Nursing, midwifery and medical imaging blended delivery courses
- Graduate Diploma in Information Design
- Brodacsting off campus courses BCEX600, BCEX700, BEXE700, and BCME700 (Part time).
Make an off-campus request
Click to find out how to request a book off campus (PDF 334KB)
The library items you request off-campus, are issued for one week for 3 day loans and 4 weeks for general material.
The Library couriers material to you, and provides a freepost sticker for return post.
More library support for off-campus learning?
We'll help you to :
- get set up for study (PDF 287KB) including Moodle, Student Portal, student email and get Office 365 for free on your home computer.
- you can enter search terms under books and more to find books, ebooks, DVDs and CDs for your studies in the primo library search.
- find our how do I guides to help you use our resources.
- use our information request form to ask for journal articles and books that are not available in electronic format e.g. we can send you a photocopy from our print collection or interloan articles and books from another library for you.
- contact a librarian by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note for those on clinical placement: Please email your correct contact details while you are on placement to email@example.com.
Learning Services offers online study and assessment advice to you as a distance learner. Our focus is on supporting you to manage your own study, and to develop the academic skills you require to complete your course work successfully.
Off-campus academic and maths support can be accessed in a variety of ways:
Online study and assessment resources
Online appointments via Zoom, Skype or Adobe Connect
Appointments via telephone
Comments and suggestions on written drafts via email
Join our Learning Services Facebook group
For an appointment, call Learning Services on 03 940-8089 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Disability services offers support to students with disabilities or health conditions which impact on their studies.
Please email email@example.com or phone 940-8089 if you would like information or support.