$2,500 off Year 1 fees
Up to the equivalent of one year full time
Early bird: Monday 11 Dec 2017
Christchurch, Timaru, Oamaru, Ashburton, Online
These scholarships are available to encourage individuals over the age of 25 and who have been in a career to upskill or change career.
Employers may nominate an employee fitting this criteria for this scholarship.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Intend to meet the entry requirements for your chosen programme of study
- Intend to study a programme which is eligible for this scholarship (see below) either full time or part time
- Be 25 years or over, or turning 25 within two months of commencement of study
Please include a personal statement to reflect the special circumstances that make you a candidate for this scholarship, eg: Outline your employment history and the reason you want to study this programme with Ara.
All scholarships are available for students applying to Ara to a new programme of study (i.e not returning to a second or third year of their current programme).
- Any fully online programme
- Study through CAPL (Centre for Assessment of Prior Learning)
- All graduate certificates
- All graduate diplomas
How to apply
Applications submitted before the early bird closing date will be given preference. Remaining scholarships may then be awarded to later applicants who meet the criteria.
As part of the application you need to nominate two referees who will be contacted to provide a reference for you.
One referee should be someone from your workplace who can attest to your relevant experience, or either a teacher or principal who is able to comment on your academic performance and your ability to succeed in this programme. The other should be someone who is able to attest to your character (this referee should not be a family member).